Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hilary and More

Profound disappointment. This weekend Hilary Hahn (remember her from this post?) will be performing with the Oregon Symphony. And I won't make it. Here is a piece from The Oregonian on Hilary.

Other good things went down in Portland this week. Arcade Fire was in concert, with Calexico as its opening act. Holy cow! I understand that Calexico was even covering Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart" something that brings back my hours of listening in punk-era Los Angeles, with and without Kim. Again, The Oregonian (by way of Jeff Baker, its book editor) comments.

My typical Saturday night at home, searching out musical treasure on the Internet, has now at least these three ways to go...Wonder if that Joy Division cover is out there somewhere? But, of course:




Can't stop there, of course. Joy Division itself:



Now that that is taken care of, I am going to return to violin and Arvo Part's Spiegel Im Spiegel, which I was hearing when I read about the Hilary concerts ...

No comments:

Post a Comment