Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Jon Hopkins: Immunity

What is becoming my "favorite album of 2013" wasn't even mentioned in my previous posting of my past year's favorites.  Because I had barely heard the thing at the time of that writing, I didn't have a basis for listing the album, Immunity, by Jon Hopkins.  However, based on a couple of his earlier albums I have -- Insides and Contact Note -- and knowing that he had worked with Brian Eno, I should have known that it would be a good one.

Jon Hopkin is an English composer of electronic/ambient music, who studied classical piano in his youth, and went on to play keyboards for English singer-songwriter Imogen Heap, known for her electronic-infused rock and pop.

Hopkins has scored for films and produced a number of albums besides the ones mentioned above.  Here he is in live performance at my old "home-town" radio station, KCRW in Santa Monica, working out on the Korg Kaoss pads and other electronics.




No comments:

Post a Comment