Sunday, August 31, 2008

Holiday Weekend (Microphones In The Trees, and Much More)

Kim phoned me at work Friday to remind me that a three-day holiday weekend was coming, which, of course, I had forgotten.  This meant, at a minimum, that I might have an opportunity to troll for some fresh music.  Yesterday, as it turns out, mostly was spent catching up on bookkeeping, bank reconciliations, and other computer administrivia, but I was able to concurrently search the likes of YouTube and DailyMotion for special sounds.  I ended up spending most of my time multi-tasking at La Blogotheque (fast becoming one of my favorite 'Net destinations) and Black Cab Sessions, then I was able to cap it all off with the as-always-supreme pleasure of sharing it all with Ivi (until I noticed that she had fallen asleep well before I finally shut down just before 3am).  There is so much to report on and to share that I will probably have to spread it over several articles, but let's start with a band totally new to me: Silver Mt. Zion -- or is it Three Silver Mt. Zion, or even Tra-La-La Band? -- doing "Microphones In the Trees" ...


(btw, if like me, you don't have all the bandwidth in the world, you might need to hit the HD button on the player to avoid trying to render in the highest quality.)

No comments:

Post a Comment