Friday, December 19, 2008

Nico Muhly and The Reader

Just noticed that Nico Muhly (see previous article posting) composed the score for The Reader, the movie with Kate Winslet and Ralph Fiennes that is to be released early 2009. An Apple-format download seems to be available now from iTunes:



Amazon is also taking pre-orders for January release of a CD soundtrack, but you can also download an MP3 album now.

I'm itching to hear it, but I would rather buy a high-res/high-fi version, so I will wait for awhile. Maybe I will actually see the film first! (With Kate Winslet and Ralph Fiennes, it has to be pretty much a must-see for this household, anyway.)

In the meantime, you can visit the film's Web site where you can watch a trailer (on the splash page), and better yet, hear some of the music, if you set it to Audio On. I just let the music loop for a long time while I worked ...

And don't miss the pièce de résistance: The Nico Muhly Concert, under the Video and Stills menu link.

No comments:

Post a Comment