Sunday, April 3, 2011

Viva Roku


Just discovered that ClassicalTV is now a channel choice for Roku streaming. While a fair amount of really good stuff (both free and pay-for-view) is available on classicaltv.com, one or two hours of sustained viewing from my computer chair, especially at work, doesn't quite work. But to curl up at home on the easy chair and watch on a Hi-Def screen along with "real" loudspeakers is another matter.

First thing that caught my eye -- and the next two hours of my time -- was the (legendary?) Viva Vivaldi concert in 2001 Paris by mezzo-soprano Cecelia Bartoli and Il Giardino Armonico backing her up on period baroque instrumentation. I know that some regard Cecelia as too flamboyant or overwrought, but I am always spellbound by her work. Here is a link to a snippet of that concert.

So if you own a Roku box to stream Netflix, crank it up and subscribe to the free ClassicalTV channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment