Monday, September 22, 2008

Hallelujah

A friend just introduced me to Allison Crowe and her cover of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. Crowe, he says, is a Canadian singer-songwriter-guitarist-pianist (classically trained, so I'm told).



So much music, so little time.

My friend knows that I like Cohen's "Hallelujah", one of the zillions of Cohen pieces that zillions of people cover.

Here is Rufus Wainwright (first heard on my daughter's Shrek CD):



k.d.lang (she was Nik's favorite singer for a while, when he was VERY young) has a pretty good one:



One of the first -- and best, imho -- Hallelujah covers I heard was the late Jeff Buckley (why do I come across so many people who think he wrote the song?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AratTMGrHaQ

And, of course, the creator of the song himself:

No comments:

Post a Comment