Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Steven Cantor, Rediscovered

Steven Cantor is maybe the best DJ I have ever heard. I grieved over his departure a year or so ago from OPB Radio, and have finally tracked him down at KMHD.org, where he holds forth on Sunday nights from 10pm - 2am. Don't know yet if the site archives its sessions for replay -- I didn't readily find them if they do. If you use iTunes, you can find KMHD listed under Radio | Public. The stream is pretty lo-fi, unfortunately, but how I use it is to capture the stream as one big MP3, then review it with the playlist at hand or onscreen, to note stuff worth tracking down and/or buying; then I can throw the low-bitrate file away. That way I actually get some sleep on Sunday night.

My earlier whinings on this matter: here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment